Week 1 Paris - by Arija

Written and photos by Arija; Typed by Mom

On Tuesday night we left and had a very crazy travel night. We arrived Wednesday mid-afternoon and got to our apartment. We then went out to check out the neighborhood and had dinner at a nearby restaurant. Then we went to bed kind of early and Adam and I got to sleep in a loft!

Thursday morning we woke very late and Dad went out to get croissant and a couple other pastries. Then we ate those with some yogurt and got ready to go to the Eiffel Tower. Once we were ready we took the Metro to the Eiffel Tower. When we got there we still couldn't see it. But when we started walking down the hill, we could see it. It was huge!!!!

We then walked around to look at shops and find some lunch. Then we found some lunch and ate it. After that, we went to the Eiffel Tower. Once we got to the base of the Eiffel Tower we went through a very quick security then got in line to go up the elevator. We took the elevator to the second floor and we got out and looked around. The view was amazing! We then got in line for the third floor and waited for a long time. Finally we got in the elevator and went up, up, and up to the third floor. We got out, walked up a couple stairs to get outside, the view was even better!! After we were done up there we took the elevator down to the first floor, looked around, then walked down the rest of the stairs.

Me with the Eiffel Tower


The rest of the week we went to a couple of other really cool places. Here they are:

  • First, we met our friends and had lunch with them at Notre Dame. Then hung out with them at the Pompidou Center and saw some really cool art. 
  • Next, we went to Versailles Palace and looked at some really beautiful and expensive things and walked around the very large gardens. 
  • Then next day, we went to Montmartre and went up 300 stairs to the top of Sacre Couer. Then we looked around and came back down and walked around Montmartre and saw some art, had some crepes for lunch, then we went home and hung out before we went on a boat tour on the Seine with our friends.
  • After that we went to the Louvre, but the line was too long so we went to the Tuiliries and hung out there until 1:30. Then we went to the Louvre and saw some amazing art including the Mona Lisa.
  • On our last day, we went to Champs Elysees and the Arc de Triomphe. We split up, I went with Mom and Adam went with Dad and we looked at some very fancy shops. We met up at the Arc de Triomphe and went to lunch.
I really liked Paris and I want to come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My perfect picture of Sacre Couer


Me with Versailles in the background

Fountains at Versailles

Random picture of me at Versailles

View from where we got off the boat trip

Me, Adam, and Mona Lisa

Arc de Triomphe




Lija

9 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! Your descriptions and pictures are great (I especially like the sunglasses!) We miss you here. The girls are feeding the pig every morning. They make these beautiful salads for them every day. Now if only I could get them to eat some of the veggies the pigs eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recap! I want to know more about those fancy shops you visited. What was in them? Fancy chocolate? Diamonds? Both? :)

    I hope we will get to meet you when you are in Prague!

    -friend of your mom's ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great writing! These are memories that you will have with you forever. Good to capture them ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fabulous running into you in Paris. Hope you are having a great time in Britain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job with the camera! Paris is beautiful, our?! -Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  6. The croissants! I want some real Parisian croissants. And, the sunglasses are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to see Versailles! Your descriptions of everything are cool, and the photos are awesome... Especially those stylish shades. 👍😎
    I can't wait to read your posts about England and Scotland... And I'm really hoping you'll write a review of HP and the Cursed Child! -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to hear about Paris from a young person's perspective. I want to know more about those fancy shops. What did you see inside the stores? And what were your VERY favorite foods in Paris?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Arija, thanks for your excellent overview of Paris. I have visited Paris only once but enjoyed it very much. It's nice to be reminded of all the fun things to do there.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram