Week 3, Part 2 Glenlivet by Arija

By Arija

On Sunday morning, we got up, packed, and got in the car and drove for 3 1/2 hours to Loch Ness. It was stunning but no Loch Ness monster. We drove for another two hours to get to Glenlivet. Adam and I each get our own room.

On Monday, we drove to a dolphin center to look for dolphins. Unfortunately we didn't see any dolphins. Adam and I adopted a dolphin. Her name is Kesslet.

On Tuesday, we took a malt whisky tour at The Glenlivet. It was really interesting. I learned that malt whiskey smells good. We then came home and hung out.

Wednesday morning, we packed and got ready to go to Inverness where we would spend the day until we got an overnight train to leave. The overnight train was awesome. We had two rooms, each with a bunkbed and a sink. It was really fun to sleep on the train!

I really liked Glenlivet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

urquart castle on loch ness

loch ness

loch ness

dolphin center

hidden waterfall

very windy beach



Unknown

3 comments:

  1. So many gorgeous places! The sleeper train sounds really cool, too. What's your favorite train ride so far? -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arija! It sounds like you love Scotland as much as I do. I tried finding the Loch Ness monster a few years ago--no luck either! I'm guessing you and your brother have different noses because you enjoyed the smells of Glenlivet and the malt whisky while your brother was probably wishing he had a clothespin to hide the aroma! I hope Kesslet is doing fine. Thanks for your donation to help her along. I'm going to call my friend Shelagh now. She lives near Edinburgh, Scotland and needs a hug because she fell and broke her wrist yesterday. If you want a hug, I'm sure your Mom and Dad have one to share with you! - Your Parkview neighbor Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what's involved in adopting a dolphin? Does her mom send you photos of her every once in a while to show how she's growing? Will you send her birthday presents? :) I'm interested in what this is all about.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram