Eilat by Arija

We left Kiryat Tivon on: Wednesday the 18th and drove for about 5 hours to Eilat. Since we were so exhausted we just hung around the house for the rest of the day.


On Thursday we went to this place called: Dolphin Reef. Dolphin Reef is a place where you can see dolphins. There are 4 dolphins 3 female 1 male that live there they were born there and are free to leave and do their own hunting but the trainers feed them little snacks of fish. The dolphins  do not do tricks.


When we got to the reef we went straight out to the piers that were there and we watched the dolphins play around for awhile then Adam and I went to the swimming beach to use Adam’s waterproof camera to take a couple photos underwater. Then we went back out to the piers and watched the dolphins until lunch. We then ate lunch, got in our bathing suits then felt the water since it was a little chilly I read my book for a while then Mom and I went back out to the piers to laze and watch the dolphins. The dolphins were surprisingly big I would really like to come back to the dolphin reef.


The next day we drove back down to the water to go snorkeling but since we couldn’t find the place we drove down to the Egyptian border it was really cool! Then we found the place, Dad and I got gear and we went down to the beach. Dad and I put on the gear and i took about 10 minutes to get fully submerged in the water. It was really cold!! Once I got in we went out a little bit and looked at all the amazing fish there were small ones, big ones, colorful ones, dull ones, skinny ones and fat ones! Since I was sooo cold I got out and Dad did some more snorkeling. Then we drove home.


The last full day in Eilat we drove to a park called: Timna Park. Timna Park is a big natural desert park that has a bunch of nice walking trails. We drove along a path and got out to walk on trails. There was one trail that led to a “mushroom” made out of rock we also got to learn about copper there. Another trail was one that led in a place called Solomon's pillars they thought that king Solomon helped build them but they were wrong they were built by the Egyptians they trail led to some ancient hieroglyphs and a ruined temple to Hathor. One other trail that we did is where we climbed up a ladder into an arch it was really cool!! There was also a man-made oasis at Timna Park where you can put colored sand in a bottle.

I really liked Eilat and I want to come back some day!!!














all of the above: DOLPHINS!!!!!

me!!!

me!!!

the park!!!

the sandstone arch

my sand!!!


Unknown

1 comment:

  1. You were so brave to get in that cold water! I also think your sand in a bottle is pretty. Well done! Keep blogging. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram