The next day we went to the Acropolis Museum. At the Museum we saw twelve statues of Athena in all different shapes and sizes and colors, a lot of pottery jugs, and a lot of scenes carved in marble.
The next day we went to the old market. There we saw where the old market would have been in Ancient Greek times and we also saw one cool temple. Later that afternoon we went to the new market. There we saw a meat section and a fruit and vegetable section. Then we took an Uber to the Olympic Stadium. At the Stadium, me and my dad had a race on the track and I won! Then after that we went high up into the bleachers and watched other people do activities in the grass part that was in the center of the track.
The next day we packed up and left. I really want to come back to Athens!!!
![]() |
| On our tour of the Acropolis |
![]() |
| One of the theaters by the Acropolis |
![]() |
| Me looking through my little telescope on top of the Acropolis |
![]() |
| The Parthenon |
![]() |
| The Erechtheion |
![]() |
| Athens! |
![]() |
| The Acropolis at night |
![]() |
| The Temple of Zeus |
![]() |
| At the ancient agora |
![]() |
| The new market |
![]() |
| At the Olympic Stadium |
![]() |
| Before the race |
![]() |
| Me just finishing the race |













adam, you're getting to be an excellent writer. the details that you weave into your story make me feel like i'm right there with you!
ReplyDeleteHi Adam - I am so happy that you liked Athens and had the opportunity to visit the Acropolis. I traveled in Greece when I was a teenager (many years ago) and I loved it. Did you know that the Acropolis originally was very colorful? All of the marble statues and carved pillars and reliefs were painted bright colors. If you do a google search, you can see images of what they may have looked like over a thousand years ago. Thank you for sharing your impressions with us. You are becoming an excellent travel writer!
ReplyDelete