Our Little Trip by Adam

By Adam

We drove from our place in Tel Aviv to Ein Gedi. We got there around 2 pm. We all changed into our bathing suits and started the walk. Ein Gedi is big valley with lots of wildlife, including Rock Hyrax (I studied Rock Hyrax. Here's a link to a presentation I made about the Rock Hyrax: Rock Hyrax Presentation), snakes, and leopards. We walked a little bit farther and we were not surprised to see a Rock Hyrax! Then we walked a little farther and got to wade in some fresh water pools. Then at the end of the walk we got to a huge waterfall called the Kind David waterfall. Then we walked back to a different waterfall where we passed before and I put my head down in the waterfall and got soaked. Then we took a trail back to the beginning. We ended seeing a little Rock Hyrax saying bye. I really want to come back to Ein Gedi!

The next day: Masada
Once we left Ein Gedi we got to our youth hostel and we had dinner. Then the next day we woke and walked to Masada. Masada is a very big mountain. It took us about 1 hour and 15 minutes to hike up. When we finally got to the top we were so wiped out. Then we explored the top of Masada. It was so amazing! Then we took the cable car down and had lunch. If I were coming back to Masada I would go to bed early.

The Dead Sea
After we got down from Masada we went to a little pool at the youth hostel. It was freezing in there. Then we drove to the Dead Sea. But since I had a cut in my foot I didn't enjoy myself that much. The Dead Sea is very salty so if you go in with a cut you're basically doomed for the rest of your life. DOOMED I say. And that's what happened to me. I would not like to come back ot the Dead Sea but if I had to I would make sure I didn't have any cuts on me.


I'm lower than the lowest point on earth

I see my first rock hyrax!

Me hiking

One of the waterfalls

Me and the Tunnel of Death

The King David Waterfall

Me and my dad putting my head in the waterfall


At one of the pools we stopped at


Cutest Rock Hyrax ever!

An Ibex in Ein Gedi

Our youth hostel

Kadima!


The view from Masada

At the Dead Sea

Lija

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram